Get to Know Me: Boring Badger edition

I love filling out questionnaires. I have such a weakness for it. I couldn't resist this at all.

1. Are you named after anyone?

Not that I'm aware of. My middle name follows a long and irritating tradition of Anns, but my mum decided to break the cycle with me. Can't say I'm not pleased about that.

2. When was the last time you cried?

Yesterday, when the trailer for Jurassic World came on before Mad Max.

3. Do you have kids?

I have a bearded dragon and some house-plants, do they count?

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

This is a good question actually. To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm usually very closed-off at first with people (thank you, social anxiety disorder) until I'm quite comfortable around them. I can go from very quiet and rarely speaking to getting very excitable and not shutting up about things pretty quickly, and I'm prone to irritability at times. To give myself some credit though, I do try very hard to be the kind of person I'd want to have in my life. I try to keep up with my friends, look out for them, support them when they need it, etc. So, maybe I would be, so long as I had the patience to put up with me crying far too much about fictional characters.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

From time to time, but not to make fun of anyone (unless it's poking fun at friends/family). If it can be funny without being hurtful, then yeah.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

Honestly, I'd love to, despite the fact that I'm not exactly a twig! I'd love to sky-dive as well if possible.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

Granola loaded with different types of seeds, fruit, and honey.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

Whether or not they're like me. And by that I mean "Do they have tattoos? Piercings? Rad hair? Unusual clothing?" (Of course, I don't have any tattoos yet, and can't afford the clothing I'd like to wear. Go figure.) I also tend to take note right away if they seem to have an open and outgoing personality.

9. What is your eye colour?

Grey.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Scary movie! I'm iffy with happy endings. If it was well deserved or a favourite character then yes. I like to feel like the characters I'm reading/watching went through absolute hell for that happy ending. If it's half-baked, it's not as interesting to me.

11. Favorite smells?

8pm in the summer, new book smell, my lizard (very mild wet pavement smell), ocean air, horses and general barn smells, camp-fire, lavender, etc.

12. Summer or winter?

Colder months completely. I absolutely wither in the heat and can't get enough of autumn.

13. Computer or television?

Computer. I haven't actively watched a tv in over a year, and won't be getting satellite of my own.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Well, I was born and raised in British Columbia, and then moved to Ireland when I was fourteen...so I'm not entirely sure how to answer this? I'm simultaneously the farthest I've ever been from home, while sitting on my couch in my apartment typing this. *shrug*

15. Do you have any special talents?

When I was a kid, I was exceptional at changing the channel back to the show just as the commercials were ending. These days, though, I'm a dab hand at making the bed while I'm still in it.

16. Where were you born?

Vancouver, BC. Grew up in a small town to the north of it, though.

17. What are your hobbies?

Trying to think of something fun to do while still managing to waste an entire day, video games (Monster Hunter, World of Warcraft, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Minecraft, etc), catching up on trashy shows (I watch a lot of anime and cartoons), reading (mainly epic fantasy or sci-fi), crocheting, hanging out with my lizard.

18. Do you have any pets?

Aforementioned lizard; my six-year-old bearded dragon, Draco. He celebrated his homeday a couple of weeks ago ♥

19. Favorite movie?

This really depends. I'm very bad at picking singular favourites, so I tend to have a pool of movies/books/shows/etc of things that I really hugely love. Favourite feel-good movie is Kiki's Delivery Service, favourite rad-as-hell movie is Fifth Element, favourite movies to get pumped about are Pacific Rim and Mad Max: Fury Road, favourite movie to watch when I'm sick is Howl's Moving Castle...it keeps going, really.

20. Do you have any siblings?

One younger brother.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

A velociraptor. I'll settle for a t-rex if that's not possible. Failing that, a writer of terrible SFF books or possibly an editor.